Moving house or an office premise is a great opportunity to sort through all your belongings and sort them into what you need, what you need to trash and what you can donate. It is advisable to get packing boxes well in advance of your planned move and start packing early enough so you know where everything goes. You can make use of newspapers and bubble wrap to wrap the fragile items.
If you are planning on doing the move yourself, start by hiring a moving van that is just the right size for all your belongings. If on the other hand you are planning to use a furniture removalist company, start researching on the best removals Bowen companies well in advance to avoid any disappointments.
Look for a furniture removalist company that is a member of the Australia furniture removers association (AFRA) to ensure you get the best quality service. Visit the furniture removalist company in person to ensure that it is in good condition and that it has a team of qualified personnel and that it also has well maintained moving vehicles and equipment.
Here is a simple checklist to keep you on track.
- Get at least three quotes from reputable furniture removalist before deciding on the one you are going to use.
- Hire the movers at least two weeks before your move
- Check whether the movers offer a discount for a weekend move
- Make a list of all your belongings so you can double check if everything is intact
- Use a company that is a member of AFRA
- Confirm the moving company has an insurance policy
After hiring the moving company that works best for you, it will help a great deal if you enlighten the company on the following things;
- An estimate of the number of boxes the company will need to pack to estimate how long the move will take.
- The amount of furniture you are planning to move so it can take account of the space
- The exact time you want the move to start
- Organize a parking space for the moving vehicle
- Clear directions to your home or business premise
- Inform the moving company in advance about furniture pieces that cannot pass through the door
- Plan ahead on where the furniture is supposed to go in your new premise
These tips will save both you and the moving company a lot of time and make for a great move.