Whether it is just for a routine maintenance or to improve the value of your home, termite inspections have a lot of advantages. Termites are harmful pests so you have to make sure they don’t infest your home. Removing these termites start with termite inspections. What do inspectors do during termite inspections? Here are 5 things termite inspectors do:
1. Look for swarmers. There are three types of termites and the most common ones are subterranean termites. If you notice a number of winged organisms inside your home, there is a big possibility that your wooden floor, your walls, and posts may be housing termites. Termite inspections can find out if there is a swarm of termites in your home or some insects have just flown in through your open windows.
2. Spot mud tubes. One of the easiest ways to know that you have termite problems is to look for mud tubes in your home. They are usually found on your walls, pipes, crawlspaces, and attics. Mud tubes which are also called shelter tubes are made by the termites to maintain humidity since they can get dehydrated quickly. To find out if the termites are actively infesting your property, try to remove a small part of the tube. If after a few days, it is sealed again, you have to call termite inspection services.
3. Search for damaged wood. Termites obtain their food from the wooden materials in your home. They feed on woods from the inside so you will not see the damage on the surface. It can be done to detect these excavations with the help of Termite Pest Control.
4. Check your property for characteristics that may be an invitation for termites. Termite inspections are done by Termite Inspection to check if your property has the following:
- Wooden fences
- Stored firewood
- Dead wood in your backyard
- Structures not made from termite-resistant materials
If you regularly hire people to perform termite inspections in your home, you are able to keep termites from inflicting too much damage to your house’s foundation. It is actually one of the basic steps to home maintenance.